In the first few weeks of this course, you were asked to look at your own food choices as well as some of the 'hot topics' in today's nutritional landscape. You examined the bad reputation of Carbohydrates (both simple and complex) and looked at the better option when selecting margarine or butter. Now, it is time to look at some prepared foods. Below is a video that explores the 10 Worst Foods for a healthy life. Watch the video and respond to the question following the video.
Here's the golden question: Do you eat any of the foods mentioned?
- If yes, which ones? What would it take for you to control or limit your consumption of those items?
- If no, what has influenced your nutritional choices to stay away from less healthy options?
Take a moment to post a response here and really explain yourself. Some ideas that may make it easier for you to answer:
- Do you really care about what you eat?
- Does what you see advertised, good or bad, make you think about your menu selections?
- Where do you get your information about what is healthy?
- Think about what you ate yesterday. If you were serving it in a restaurant, would it be good for your customers?